The ‘rents left for Taiwan on Thursday and they won’t be back until a day or two before I leave for Chicago, en route to Japan. Fitting. I’m glad they went, it gives me time to clear my head about leaving and their role in my leaving. Their possible role in manipulating me back to this country, back on the track they want me on, regardless of the futility.
I sift through a flood of apprehension about this move to Japan, what do I think I’m doing? My life heading into Never-Never land. That’s not the way my life has been structured, I’m not familiar enough with heading off into Never-Never land and making it work. I’m not good at going off alone into the unknown and figuring out my way on the fly. I’m familiar with structure and shelter. I don’t know a whole lot about independence. I have to be willing to try.