Sunday, March 09, 1997

Series V, Roll 6 (Pentax K2, Ilford HP5):

Visiting Madoka, Kansai, Japan: Holy crap! From these pictures, I had been thinking this trip to visit Madoka was in Tokyo. On flickr and fotolog I've been indicating that all these pictures are of Tokyo. But based on suspicions and little pieces of evidence, this was definitely in Kansai.

I do remember that I flew into the new Osaka airport one time (it was under construction when I was there in 1992). I remember Madoka accompanying me there when I left. I also remember meeting and visiting Keita, her love interest at the time, and once I think about it, I vaguely remember that was in Kyoto.

I must have stayed with Madoka, but I don't remember at all where she lived. In fact, I remember very little about only very few of these shots. I don't remember anything about what we did or where we went.


Frame 8 - Kyoto, along a river. This is the first frame that raised doubt about where this trip was. Most riverside areas in Japan look the same, but the ones in Kyoto are very distinct.


Frame 9 - A river that looks like this I'm confident I'd never seen anywhere in Japan except Kyoto.

Also from this day:
http://www.fotolog.com/keauxgeigh/14672323