Thursday, December 10, 1998
198 Shakespeare St., San Francisco
I got back in touch with Frances. It was all positive, all good memories, lots of old love. We’ve grown and matured. I’m glad I did it. I just got the urge to contact her and so I searched for her on the web, then dug out my old address books for her last known number and tracked her down. It was such a good feeling to talk to her; just someone from the past. We used to be really good friends and we shared lots of quality time. But then with her personal life there was always something detached and untouchable. I never understood her obsessions with people who treated her like shit and who I couldn’t stand. She casually mentioned Amina which indicated to me that she is unaware of how sensitive a topic that is. To my surprise I responded to her name bitterly. There really is no basis for my fixation on Amina.