Tuesday, April 10, 2001

1557 Noe Street, San Francisco

I took two days off of work last Thursday and Friday to travel with the band to Chico to play at the Nowhere X Nowhere festival - a spoof on other popular music festival names, and making fun of the fact that Chico is out in the middle of nowhere.

It was a good trip and I had a lot of fun, but not because I’m into the band. There were bands booked at a bunch of venues that were really close to each other, and as "talent" we had passes to all the venues, so it was good fun just going from venue to venue checking out different bands. Especially since a lot of the bands were from San Francisco.

I stayed apart from the rest of the band for most part. I don't know what's wrong with me. My critical mind comes out and no one can do anything right. I don't express anything, since I know my thoughts and feelings are totally irrational and baseless, I just keep my distance and close off and drink. All the reasons why I don't have any friends.

I didn’t know that I would dig the NxN festival as much as I did. I was also apprehensive about the roadtrip and leaving town for any length of time. I guess I’ve become a bit of a homebody. I would have liked to have stayed longer in Chico, but I wanted to come back by Saturday because Bob was going to be in town for a conference in San Jose.