Oberlin, OH
I wonder why I think what I think, what are the sources of ideas? What recognizes what’s real and what’s not?I am looking for someone. I am looking for a person with whom I don’t have to try, where the basic, vital element of communication is automatically there.
Whose words were they? Who was it that told me that the pursuit of life is constant? That statement was so strong and it was given to me by a passing stranger who I’ll never see again. “The pursuit of life is constant”. Was that sent to me for a reason? Is it justifiable to abort one lifetime to continue that pursuit?
I wonder if we can’t imagine an infinite universe in time and space because our human nature is finite. Our perception of the universe is simply a projection of our perception of ourselves. I’ve always had trouble with the concept of nothing existing before the universe was formed. Everything is contained in the universe, so how can there ever be a time when the universe didn’t exist and how can the universe have boundaries, implying there is something else (“nothing”) beyond those boundaries?
Yet we have the Big Bang Theory telling us that is when the universe came into existence and they also tell us that the universe is expanding, implying that it is expanding into or in some other space. How can there be nothing and how can there be that “other space” if, by definition, the universe is the whole thing and everything?
Before time began, there was no time and before space began there was nothing. It’s easy to theorize, but can anyone really conceive it? Since we are something, can we really grasp “nothing”? To grasp nothing we’d have to negate the something that grasps it. Bleah.
Our lives have definite starts and have limited boundaries of existence, so we impose that upon the universe. The universe exists because of our projection of it. We can’t experience life without us, but we take it on faith that there was life went on before us and will go on after us. Easy to theorize, impossible to experience. So maybe once we leave this limited life and go back to our infinite forms, we’ll understand the infinite universe with sequences, the Big Bang being the start of only one of them.
Scientific studies that show “evidence” that the universe is “expanding” may be a misreading of data. An interpretation of observations using our limited language of science. When a complex language is translated into a simpler language, the faults of the translation extend to the faults and shortcomings of that language.