Tuesday, June 05, 1990

Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Life is devoid of meaning. Life is suffering. This is despair. How things have changed since last Summer. What is making this Summer so far bad? Is it that I have to deal with people this Summer? Is it the being alone last year that gave me confidence and if so, isn’t that confidence false?

Last Summer was extraordinary. I didn’t have to deal with people, I only had to think of them on a distant, abstract level. People as concepts; how they ought to be considered. I was untouchable. Now I’m in New Jersey with no one here I particularly like. I’m going to be in Providence with my brothers, and we’ve never been buddy-buddy close, so I don’t know how comfortable that will be.

And what am I now? I’m not feeling so hot. I’m just here. Not being anybody, doing nothing for nobody. Physically I’m shot. I feel weak and uncoordinated. Spiritually I’m dead, morally I’m dead. I’m just wasting my life. I hate people. I hate myself.