Monday, July 23, 1990

Providence, RI


Sakuko is my girlfriend, but she doesn’t feel like she’s a focus in my life. There’s a problem in that. I think I missed again.

A year ago, I think I would have killed myself for an answer. Six months ago I think I would have entered a monastery to search for an answer. I probably would have entered one to not search for an answer. Now I don’t even have the drive to find an answer. I’m alive and here because of Sakuko, but I’m only here.

I don’t know if Sakuko and I are moving apart, it feels like we are, but it also feels like we aren’t. I’m numb again, putting it down and not taking it too seriously. And I can tell that she doesn’t like how things are changing. There’s a growing tension between us.

Rob and Lizzie left for a vacation today. They are driving down South, something I totally don’t comprehend.