Thursday, December 16, 1999

1557 Noe St., San Francisco

Things have gotten bad.

I don’t know what the feeling is exactly, but I know it isn’t good, it’s bad. I’m stuck. I’ve stagnated. I don’t know what I’m doing with myself. I don’t know what to do with myself.

Work is good, but it has created a lot of changes that I haven’t adjusted to. After a productive day’s work, I walk out and wonder what I’m doing with myself, what is my life.

Sometimes I’m depressed, sometimes I’m lonely, a lot of times it’s the weather, a lot of times it’s stress, and almost all the time it’s my old problem with reality and existence. Work has put my life out of balance, but I don’t know how to cut through to the next thing that gives life meaning. That’s what we’re all doing on some level, trying to give our lives meaning. So what gives my life meaning? And to whom?