Thursday, March 15, 2001

1557 Noe Street, San Francisco

Mimi and I got together this evening for dinner and discussed the website. We had a great talk and she contributed a lot of great ideas. It’s funny how when something hits close to home, people can come up with great ideas off the top of their heads.

The problems in implementing this are not minor, though. More than half the family don't speak English, and I don't speak their language. I don't know how to build a webpage. Who's going to do it? I'm not qualified to be a central person in this. Besides, how much of this idea is "Western"? Is this something I can sell to the Taiwanese members of the family?

Mimi asked point blank about cutting. I answered. I don’t care if she knows. She knew anyway, she’s not an idiot. Whoever doesn’t know is an idiot. Anyone who can’t tell within five minutes of meeting me that there is something wrong with this picture must be an idiot. Besides, I've found that everyone I tell conveniently forgets in time, so why not just tell them?