I got in touch with Audrey on Wednesday for the first time in over a year, and as coincidence would have it, she was just about to fly to the Bay Area. We don’t know why we haven’t been in contact, I think it was her, she thinks it was me, so it must have been both neither of us and both of us. We got together this morning and I hatched my idea to her about creating a family website.
The idea is for a story-driven website, not just historical and biographical facts, aimed at a descendent 200 years from now who might be interested in his or her ancestors. The stories will be by other family members, and they would try to convey some essence about the person through the story; what they were really about. It is partly archival - a family tree - so the facts will be there, as well as pictures.
It will start with grandfather and any information Audrey and I can find on his family, parents, siblings, etc., and from there it will document the various families and the members, and each person will have a page if they want. The main website will have basic information and the individual pages will be personalized.
I saw a film tonight at the Asian American film festival called “Love/Juice”. When you really, really love someone, you can’t live without them. I couldn’t live without Amina, and I haven’t lived since we broke up, except during the times I was alive with Josephine. I’ve just been existing. I’ve been numb since Amina. I really touched love. I appreciate that. And I feel the continuing pain of losing the one I love the most. That is life and that is still good. Bad, too. Depends.