Wednesday, September 23, 1992

Osaka, Japan

Things just got really tough. Whether or not I stay another three months became a major issue. Auntie played a part in it and the basis of it all is deciding what I should be doing for the rest of my life. As if I haven’t been placing a lot of thought into it already. But even with all my thought, results have been few. This is on top of several weeks of growing distrust and tension with the ‘rents. I’m suspicious of what they’ve been telling auntie or what they may have asked her to do. There is a Japanese language course at the YMCA in Umeda that starts on October 8, I have to decide what to do soon.

Financial independence must become my priority. They brought up the issue of money, everything for them is about money. I refuse to be indebted to the ‘rents in any way except financially. Money doesn’t express anything except a commercial exchange. Money is money. They can’t give money, call it love, and expect love or respect in return. They give money, someday I’ll pay it back. Are they paying for love and respect? I wonder what the market value is.