Sunday, December 05, 1993

1844 7th Ave., Oakland

Classes ended on Thursday and I’ve been going through every case in the texts. I finished Civ. Pro. last night, it’s my first exam on Wednesday. I’m about halfway through Contracts. When I got to the last month of material for Civ. Pro. , I barely recognized the concepts and issues and I was clueless about the cases. I had no idea what the cases were about or the logic leading to the rules of law. Slow-going, reading the cases paragraph by paragraph, at times out loud.

On Friday, I tried to remove the temptation of practicing bass by taking it in for adjustment. He had it ready on Saturday. But it was worth it, the guy who worked on it was really nice and very knowledgeable. He knew that Riverheads were Japanese and asked where I got it since they aren’t available in the States. It’s a great bass, but has a lot of design flaws.

I went jogging today and it felt great. I can deal with Oakland. If I can go out in a short-sleeve shirt for a jog in December, I have no problem with the climate.

I’m thinking of staying in school next semester. It’s all been very confused and confusing, but factors have been making me lean in that direction. Also if I register before I leave to visit Amina in Oberlin, then I won’t have to be back until the day classes start, so I can be there for three full weeks instead of two and a half.