Sunday, November 08, 1998

198 Shakespeare St., San Francisco

I re-arranged my room today. It was a minor re-arrangement, but a necessary one that changed everything. It’s part of my personality really. In high school, when I lived in New Jersey, I had to re-arrange my room on the average every six months or I would feel like I was stagnating, and that would affect all aspects of my life and how I saw it. I continued the pattern in college to a lesser extent, where the longest I lived in one situation was a semester and a half. Something had to change almost every semester.

And then to an even lesser extent it has continued here in the Bay Area where I’ve been moving every year until I moved here, and the only reason why I’ve been here over two years and haven’t moved is because the rental market in San Francisco is the pits. I can’t even say that I’ve settled here, first chance I get, I’ll move.