Tuesday, February 27, 2001

1557 Noe Street, San Francisco

Being let down, being hurt, being betrayed are not considerations when you truly fall in love. That’s what it means to have no defenses up. It didn’t matter that I was let down, hurt, and betrayed by Amina. I still loved her.

I struggle with existence, I try to detach, I try to realize that I cannot take anything as I sense it. I am not here. But then what are these senses? What are these feelings? Why do I do what I do - confined in a body and reality that I know is not real. I know it, but I do not feel it. It is not true knowledge. I am an arrow and I have missed the target before I even have been shot. I’m still too much of this world. I’m still far, far from my goal.