Tuesday, February 08, 2000

1557 Noe St., San Francisco

My time in Fiction may be coming to an end. It's fading and frustrations are growing. I'm not invested in the band enough to stick with it when things start going south. If I leave the band at this point, I leave nothing and I take nothing. I haven't contributed anything substantive or material to the entity of Fiction.

Fiction is their band, not mine. The expression is all theirs, I contribute bass lines. I don't mind that role, but then they'd better do their part and produce something. I've been in the band longer without a drummer than I've been in it with a drummer. That story is so tired.

I think we're entering the stage where we have a final flare up of creativity and positive feeling before it all falls apart. We've been going into rehearsals kinda down and tense and then we'd have a terrific jam. I think it's just foreshadowing a breaking point, the oft told story. The jams are feel-good salves, they aren't curing any of the problems. They raise hope and when hopes can't be reached, everything will fall apart.