Tuesday, May 11, 1993

Englewood Cliffs, NJ

One of the fuckheads saw an office on TV, just an office on a news story, and exclaimed, “Oh, I hope that you will have an office like that in a few years!” Perhaps anticipating a snide remark, which I was slow to formulate because I was getting over the affront of the comment, the other fuckhead interjected, “But not necessarily”. I’ve made it clear over and over again that I have no intention of going into the field of law or taking the bar. They’re response has been a uniform, “That’s OK, just get a law degree, you can do what you want after that”.

Idiots. Do they think I don’t know what’s going on? After three years they’re going to start up again about taking the bar, and the fuckhead’s comment, and the other fuckhead’s attempt to cover it up, proves it. It’s so clear to me that I don’t need to wonder about it. I’ll jump off that bridge when I get to it.

They’re already assuming I’m coming back to the East Coast after law school. California is way out of their sphere of influence. Sooner or later, I disappear from their paltry, pitiful lives. There is no way in hell they can make me come back here.