Well, of course I can’t do it on a Tuesday night! I’ve already moved my car across the street out of the Wednesday 8 - 10A.M. No Parking zone. If I don’t move my car tomorrow, I’ll get a ticket for being in a restricted residential two hour zone. I guess I could move it back and get one ticket per week until it’s moved instead of the ticket per day where it is now.
I renewed those library books.
We did “Thelma and Louise” in Film and Law today and I watched it this afternoon before class. What a great movie. Something about that last scene - the intensity, the exuberance of knowing what they’re about to do, the positivism and camaraderie in the face of resignation. I know I’ll feel it no matter what my motive is. I’ve rehearsed dying and I’ve always felt a tingle of expectancy, an exuberance in the gravity of the step I could be taking, and I’ve always been smiling with joy.
There is nothing stopping me but myself. The question is why I’m not doing it and I can’t do it unless I find an answer to that question which satisfies me that I’m doing it for the right reason. Although if I do it, I’ll know that I did it for the right reason. If you wonder whether you’ve accomplished your purpose for living on earth - if you’re alive, you haven’t.