Wednesday, April 15, 1992

224 College St., Oberlin

I’m still not convinced. Nothing has really changed and I can easily see a repetition of the problems between us. We don’t communicate. We’re courteous and polite and we step on eggshells and landmines, but we don’t communicate. I’m not able to do anything for her and it’s starting to have an effect on me. It’s making me feel bad and I still feel taken for granted and that me and my space are not being respected.

What am I dong? Everyone else in her life is so much better for her than me. She appears to have more fun with them and her relationships with them seem much more rewarding and fulfilling. With me, there’s tension, friction, isolation, and emptiness. Why is this happening, why is it happening to me? How could I have brought this into my life? Instant karmic retribution for what happened last semester with Hiromi? This is ludicrous and it has to end.