Monday, April 20, 1992

224 College St., Oberlin

Warm weather has finally come and what a change! I’ve started picking up the pieces with Amina and my relationship with Diem has resumed its regular familiarity and proximity. I’ve had some amazing conversations with both of them and it’s so strange how I can apply my cosmology in my head with things they say and so many pieces seem to fit. No examples.

What am I to do with Amina? She tugs at my heart so much and says things that melt me and then she keeps the distance which I’ve grown to expect. Our feelings aren’t mutual. She doesn’t feel for me what I feel for her and it tears at my heart. But what am I without her? I can’t bear having her not in my life and so I just keep healthy and treat our relationship healthily and that is all I can do.

Luyen still comes over at night and we barely interact. We part in the morning with hardly a word. We ignore each other in public. Go figure.