Four days in Geneva are way too much. It is a city I would never want to live in. it's way too boring. every new section I find, there's nothing interesting. today is my last day and I think I'll spend most of it here at the UN and listen to what is going on. This morning was interesting. Representatives from Eritrea and Ethiopia were yelling at each other about the war going on between them this summer. The situation is tragic, but I was distracted by the ear thingie. I kept on switching to the other languages to see how the translators were keeping up with their yelling. They seemed to be doing well, even the Mandarin translator, but maybe they were leaving a lot out. Every seat in the room has those ear thingies. I was trying to steal one for you, but it's permanently connected.
For today I'm just going to sit in on more sessions and go to another lunchtime meeting. I'm not sure what I'll do after the UN, I hope I'm not bored to death this evening. I think I'll take a long walk down the river that drains Lake Geneva, River Rhone. It looks pretty nice, so if I have film left in my camera I'll finish it. Tomorrow I'll wake up and go to the airport since my flight is in the morning.
ok, if I don't e-mail you later, I will from New Jersey.
Series VIII, Roll 10 (Pentax ZX-5n, Tri-X):
United Nations:

Frame 24 - Just a hallway. I was just wandering around the U.N. building. I don't think there was anything special about this shot, I just wanted one from inside the building.

Frame 25 - Exterior shot. Again, I don't think there was anything special. I liked the lines. I didn't even note where this was around the U.N.

Frame 26 - Another exterior.

Frame 27 - No idea what this was or where it was. I wish I had some description for it.

Frame 28 - Inside the Sub-Commission hearing room. Obviously not in session. Obviously after wandering around and outside, I found my way back in and up on this balcony, but I didn't take note how I found it or got there.
Geneva Photostroll: I left the U.N. because I had nothing more to do there and didn't know anyone. I had the rest of the afternoon and evening and went for a long walk.

Frame 30 - I think this is the River L'Arve. I vaguely remember this hill I climbed to get this shot. That fountain in the background is in Lake Geneva and is in other shots I took around the lake.

Frame 31 - I think this is the River Rhone from all the greenery.

Frame 32 - This is where the L'Arve and the River Rhone met. I didn't get the swirls created by the confluence of the blue and brown waters. It was a remarkable sight, better captured in color, although you can sort of see the difference in tone. The clear, blue, fast-moving River Rhone is on the right in this shot, the slow, muddy, brown L'Arve is on the left. The negative is flipped, so in reality it's the opposite. I was way up high on a railroad bridge that I found my way up to, and you can see the shadows of the arches on the water.

Frame 35 - 'Nuther shot of the Rhone.