Monday, August 28, 2000

1557 Noe St., San Francisco

Dr. Wonson started me on acupuncture and it was really good. I left her office on a calm and focused high, not focusing on anything, just serene. The same feeling as I used to have after Tae Kwon Do or other martial arts, walking home like an open channel with whatever thoughts and external stimuli coming to me and flowing through me.

So my back is much better now, I'm almost back to normal. There's still just a little bit of stiffness and it's still hard to stand up. Going to New Jersey will be good, and when I get back I hope to be able to ride again. The month is almost over. Ritu, work, Fiction, Tahoe, back problems, it was all connected. We'd like to think that we have control over these independent things. I disagree. I think of all of it as one thing and I hope I'm almost out of it. Work will stabilize soon. Things are nuts for Theresa, but I think by the time I get back, things will be more under control and she will be able to take over my caseload, instead of having it spread out between three attorneys. My back is almost better. Fiction has started auditioning guitarists and we should have one by the end of September. If Ritu returns? I don't know yet. I don't know if I'd be willing to work for her again.

The barrier between our relationship as friends and co-workers was completely artificial and superficial. No matter what I said or led her to believe. She was above all, my boss, an authority figure, and that never went away while we were "friends". So in the end, while she was entreating me as a friend, she was still nevertheless abusing her work authority.