Friday, June 13, 1997

Bangkok, Thailand

The Thai women took a group of us to the Royal Palace today for an outing. At first, I went in Yui’s car with Ped and Josephine. Yui and Ped are among the Thais who will be coming to San Francisco in August to start the LL.M. program. I’ve offered to help them find housing if I’m there when they arrive.

I’m having doubts about whether I’ll be visiting Madoka in Japan after Thailand. We’re already planning to travel to the Thai border for two weeks after the program finishes to visit a Burmese refugee camp. There are a bunch of inconveniences involved in going to Japan. Ped will be in San Francisco pretty early, he said. Yui and Yai will be arriving about August 8, and I should be back in San Francisco by then, whether or not I go to Japan.

We also visited a bunch of museums today, and we ended the day in the late afternoon. Jiu, Kuk, and Poh drove us back to the hotel and Poh took off with Maam, followed by Kuk who needed to go home. Then Jiu, Rey, Jason, Josephine, a Canadian woman, Brenda, and I went out for dinner at a pretty good Japanese restaurant not too far away.

After that we went for ice cream and went to see Jurassic Park II. Josephine and I stayed close most of the day, and I should mention that I understated the chemistry between us. There is a lot of chemistry between us.

The muscle that I pulled has bruised really badly. It doesn’t hurt that much, which is probably why I didn’t notice, but I have a huge bruise on the back of my thigh, bigger than a baseball. It looks a lot worse than it feels.


Royal Palace: Series VI, Roll 3 (Pentax K2, Tri-X):


Frame 20 - Um, I sometimes shoot random tourists posing for a photographs. This is a group of Japanese tourists, I think. Nothing to do with the program. That is the Royal Palace in the background.


Frame 21 - Poh and Mem, candid on the street outside the Royal Palace. Rey is in the shot, too. Same roll of negatives screwed up by Thai photoprocessing. Actually, I don't think they got any of my rolls of film right. I don't know why I kept getting them processed instead of waiting till I got back to the U.S.


Frame 23 - Royal Palace, I don't know what. I'm better at recording when than what.


Frame 24 - Candid of Ja and Luan, a lawyer from Laos, I think.

Frames 25-26 - Luan, she didn't really speak English, but she was nice to photograph.




Frame 28 - Group shot.

fin.