Friday, June 20, 1997

Bangkok, Thailand

Josephine and I stayed in bed all day. Sui called at about 7:30 in the evening for dinner and we finally got out of bed. To our credit, we were thinking about getting out of bed soon anyway. A small party of six went to dinner at Pizza Hut. It was a relief from the large groups that we had grown to travel in. It had gotten pretty ridiculous and it took forever to make decisions and execute them. It was just Sui, Rey, Philip, Brenda, Winnai, and Josephine and me.

There is someone in the program who is a real jerk. I recognized that he was a jerk early, and I’ve completely tuned him out, but it turns out that his behavior and comments are beyond inappropriate and some stuff he has done storms across the line of sexual harassment. We discussed over dinner how to approach the problem.