Monday, July 14, 1997

Bangkok, Thailand

I'm so lucky to have Josephine. It's not that I haven't appreciated her, but it's really starting to sink in and that I will always be on her side. That's something I learned this summer. It was really funny - two people would disagree on a trivial fact and they would make a bet and other people would join in on one side or another and be very vociferous in supporting whichever side, only to admit, after being proven wrong, that they only did so out of friendship and not out of any special knowledge of the said trivial fact. But I'm very lucky to have Josephine, and from now I'm taking responsibility to protect this relationship and to take care of her and be on her side whenever I should.

Today we took care of some business. We first headed to Silom for lunch, since it was on the way to the building where we bought my plane ticket to visit Taiwan and fly back to San Francisco with her. Then we went to pick up our tickets and then we went to Chula because I had to return a library book. Then we went to MBK and bought Josephine a portable tape player and had dinner and then went to Tower Records.