Tuesday, July 29, 1997

Supplemental - Taipei, Taiwan

Yai and Yui picked me up at the hotel this morning and took me to the airport. Neng was there, Jiu, and Ja, I think. Kuk couldn't make it but she called. We had some food at the airport and then I went through the gate that I had already seen so many of the summer participants go through, then it was me and I was gone, too.


Series VI, Roll 8, Frame 35 (Pentax K2, Ilford XP2)

Josephine met me at the airport in Taipei. She came running to greet me once I cleared the Customs doors. She looked so happy to see me and it felt so much like home to see her. Everything was going to be just fine. I love Josephine. She loves me. The weather was gorgeous! Taipei, near the peak of summer was wonderful after Bangkok's heat. It was late in the afternoon. We drove 30 or 40 minutes into Taipei and she took me to the Taipei YMCA where she had reserved a room for me. The room was dinky compared to the Y in Bangkok. But to be with Josephine again. Alone. I didn't care about anything else.