Friday, September 18, 1998

198 Shakespeare St., San Francisco

Things have been going pretty well with Josephine, I’m not sure if it’s because she has been changing or if it’s because we are living apart. If it’s because we are living apart, that may be a problem in the future when we do have to live together. If we are going to live together in the future, we can’t let the problems that arose when we were living together come up again.

My issues are mostly freedom issues, feeling free to do what I want and to do my own thing and not be concerned about what she’s doing, or that I need to spend time with her or that I need to be giving attention to her all the time. That’s something in me that I have to correct. When I don’t want to get together with her, or if I just want to be alone, I have to be able to come out and tell her and not feel guilty about it or that she’s going to hold it against me.

Guilt is my own problem. Her holding it against me is her problem and we are in the time period to prove these things to ourselves. If she’s going to hold it against me, well, I have to push the point. To see if she will and not assume that she will. My opinion at this point is that it’s hit or miss; it depends on the mood in which I catch her. Most of the time she won’t hold it against me, but at certain times, she would. But I can’t be running to her at every moment to prove that I love her. Sometimes if I want to stay put, I should stay put.