Wednesday, September 23, 1998
email - San Francisco
Hi, dear: Today in school, we had a short break. I was sitting there and people who sat beside me and behind me and in front of me were talking. I felt weird because I was sitting there and not talking with them. It is NBD but I thought of the days in my university and it was nice because I had so many classmates can talk when we had a break. I think it is my fault because I know I don't look friendly enough. I seldom talk to people first. It is always that people come to talk to me and then we become friends. The way I made friend with you is just so rare. I am attracted to you and you made me want to talk to you first. Even you, when you saw me at the first time, you didn't want to talk to me. Do I look very very unfriendly? Some friends told me I look too proud to talk to. (I take it as a compliment.) Jiu told me that the first time she saw me and tried to talk to me and she said I was like having a serious face and "tried to smile a little bit" ( quoted from Jiu). Isn't that funny? I didn't remember that at all. I didn't mean to be rude to her at all. I just have a very unfriendly face, I can't help it. Anita also told me that she thought I don't like her at first time we met each other. God, I didn't remember that, either. I think, when I am not smiling, I look terribly unfriendly. Not like other people, if they don't smile, it just simply means that they are not smiling but they might still look friendly. Poor me. The worse thing is that I will look even more unfriendly if I force myself to smile. But, I know, when I am really smiling and laughing, I do a pretty good job. And, that is why you love me. You love my :) I think I am like a dog. When dogs are not sticking their tongues out (meaning, smiling), they all look worried, sad or mean (that is the worst case). even though they have a nice heart. And now I want to have a cat with you. We can keep a cat when we are living in taipei. I love dogs but after "Pi-Pi", I don't think I want to keep any dog. Some cats are very cute too. Besides, I am curious about cats. They all look very proud and elegant. I also want to get to know their habits.