Monday, September 28, 1998

email - 198 Shakespeare St., San Francisco

Dear josephine, it's been several days since I've heard from you. What I don't understand is how I could be having a bad day on friday because of the weather, and then not only do I have to console you to try to make you feel better, but I wasn't succeeding. I felt bad, then it affects you and then I end up trying to make you feel better and it doesn't work, and then I feel guilty about it.

On Saturday, I found myself not knowing what to do. I realized how alone I am without you and how I've let you monopolize my social life. It's not your fault, of course; it's something that I've allowed to happen, but it has to stop. I've been giving you all my attention because I love you and want to, but when we have fights, it becomes clear that I need my friends. I know you're different now and will understand if I don't spend so much time with you to take care of my friendships. I know you'll understand and support me.